Monday, November 19, 2007

BAD BUS DRIVERS AND BOWLING...


So, as you know...I'm also in honor choir, and this Saturday was a bowling party to bong with the other choir members and get to know them. And when Dad drove me to the alley, we never considered or had an idea that Canadian bowling would be any different than the "traditional" American way of bowling, but Boy! Were we wrong! Okay, so the bowling pins were very straight and tube-ular shaped. That wasn't a big deal but the fact that they were much lighter and easier to knock over. Also, the bowling balls were slightly noticeably different from the American style balls. They were about the size of shot-puts. They were freakishly light and very easy to roll down the alley if what your used to is a ball that is reasonably bigger and heavier. So naturally I won both of the games we played. That's pretty reasonable- I mean if you're used to hauling a ten-pound ball or heavier to the lane and trying to roll it as fast and powerful as you can down it, than shoving about a 5-pound ball down it to knock over a lot lighter pins is pretty predictable. Anyway, when you have the big ball and you're trying to look fierce while you lob it down the lane, you look very funny when you have this tiny ball while still trying to look concentrated. And they actually have a "lob-line", where you can't throw as high as the line past where it's marked. And you know when you get a gutter ball, you can't really get any pins, but with how light they are, actually often, the ball will roll back on the lane because it's so small and light, and the gutter has a curve so it will get some pins even if you roll a gutter. So that was kind of humorous. On the other hand, with what happened today, things weren't so funny...







Today, Sandbox was sick, and he was going to be staying home for the day, so I go walk to the bus stop and leave the house at about 7:06, and when I get there- well I'm the only one there but this girl which lives next door is right behind me- and so we talk for a little bit until everyone else comes to the stop about a minute or two later. So it's been like 5 minutes and the bus hasn't come yet, we just think he's maybe a little late so we all just talk for a while. We are all FREEZING so we sit down and scrunch up to get warmer. So while we're waiting, and have been for like 20 minutes, a bus comes by...but it's not ours- it's for the elementary kids, and the jerk-driver just smiles and drives by. We are kinda pissed at that point so we say that if he doesn't come in the next 5 minutes, than we'll just go home. We said that a few more times, and guess what? The jerk-driver of the bus that passed us a few minutes ago comes around again, but just smiles and passes us- again! UGH! So, we've been there for about 35 minutes and we are really freezing now- I couldn't feel my whole body, and I could barely move my hands. One of the girls at my stop gets up from the ground and sees that the freezing-and-dew-filled ground got her pants wet right in the crotch! So she's like..."Well, I'm freezing, and I need to go change my pants now, so I'm leaving!" We all are like "yeah, I'm gone!" so we all depart, and we- me and the girl next door- are about 10 feet from our drive-ways when- oh, yeah- the bus pulls up behind us. I'm very hesitant to get on, but I do, and find a seat. I'm there on the bus, trying to de-frost 45-minutes worth of freezing-ness, and we can only pick up about half- as the other half bolted and went home- so just after we get everyone we can, He stops and tells us that somethings wrong with the engine, so that another bus driver was going to come and pull up behind us so we could get on, and she would take us the rest of the way. Major UGH! So after we are all on the next bus, and when we finally get to school.



After the day, we get on the bus home, and we are all talking about what happened in a mellow attitude, trying to be cool. Anyway, we were talking about it and one of the girls from my stop says, "You know...it was actually fun.FREEZING, but fun." I agree, but I wish it wasn't so damn cold! (- 6 degrees Celsius)...Anyway, after such an exhausting day, I come home to a sick Sandbox, and a tired Dad. He tells some big news just in, and I share my story...






Wow! What a day! (I'll let someone else break the news about his exciting new...thing)

4 comments:

ecrussel said...

Hate buses. I had a similar experience in, like, third grade, except for instead of the bus breaking down, some girl puked all over the place so we were all sliding around in vomit.

jaz said...

That's nice, Socrates.

Sorry to hear about the frozen tundra. Would you like a story about the fact I had the air conditioning on in the car today? No? Oh, well.

And is it your dad with exciting news? Or Sandbox?

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

Goo said...

how's your portuguese, easel?